SSI Dive Master
SSI DIVEMASTER (DM)Dive Guide plus the Science of Diving program equals Divemaster.
Divemasters can assist SSI Instructors with pool/confined water and open water training under the direct supervision of an SSI Instructor. This brings valued experience for all future diving carriers !
The Dive Guide and Divemaster qualifications you earn from our program will guide you in becoming a fantastic, service oriented, employable pro.
During your Internship you will get to dive and learn what becoming a working professional is all about. While training for your course you get to enjoy diving in small groups on fast boats at all of the best dive sites on Roatan.
DutiesIt is a good idea if you are in good physical shape and have a friendly and fun loving personality. Respect for nature and being a water lover of at least 18 years of age is important as well.
- Staff dive shop; sign up clients for diving and assist with their purchases.
- Assist with the maintenance of scuba equipment, pre and post dive Boat preparation
- Lead experienced divers on shore/boat dives.
- Help customers with diving equipment and gearing up needs
- Maintain the appearance of the dive shop and equipment
- Assist the staff with divers, student divers
- Help with the customer flow and safety of divers on and off the boats
- Lead snorkeling tours (day and night)
RequirementsTo participate in our SSI Divemaster Internship, a student must follow these requirements:
- React Right (or any current first aid certificate)
- 50 dives
- Medical clearance within the last 12 months
- Rescue Diver
- Science of Diving
- Navigation – Night- Deep – Search and Recovery specialties
If you have been certified with an agency other than SSI don’t worry, we can transfer your current certification levels to a compatible SSI diving levels. We can also arrange to meet the missing requirements here.
- 4/6 weeks SSI Divemaster Internship if you arrive as Rescue Diver Certified – USD 750.00
SSI Training Material and Certification costsThe Divemaster internships cost include instruction however, SSI standards require that student divers have in their possession, a personal set of training materials (books and other scuba related items) for study and use during the course and for reference afterwards.
- SSI Dive Professional Registration Package 40 USD
- Dive Guide Digital Kit 65 USD
- Science of Diving Digital Kit 54 USD
- Dive Professional Status Odin Activation and Registration 60 USD